Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spending money for 10 days in Kansai Region 2016/4/1 14:26
Hello i have a question regarding me and my wifes budget for our upcoming trip to Japan on May 21st.We are spending 4 nights in Kyoto and 5 nights in Osaka.
I have already booked the hotels,paid for the flight and so on.Our collective budget for spending is currently 300000 yen ( or 150k yen per person) for 10 days.My question is will this sum be enough for both of us or i need more? My concern is since we are planing to travel to Nara, visit Universal Studios in Osaka and maybe a daytrip to Kobe , that our budget wont suffice.
Once again i say that those monry will be for food,shopping and transportation.

Any info will be greatly appreciated :)
by Nikolay Borisov (guest)  

Re: Spending money for 10 days in Kansai Region 2016/4/1 21:22
So 15000 yen per person per day for food, transportation and shopping? That's enough, but ultimately it depends what you plan on buying. I normally aim for 8000-10000.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spending money for 10 days in Kansai Region 2016/4/2 05:01
These question come up a lot and they are nearly impossible to answer. As only you know what you will buy and what you will eat.

Just have a way to get more cash out it you require so. ie a backup plan. 7-11 ATMs take foreign major credit cards visa/mastercard/etc to allow cash withdraws.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Spending money for 10 days in Kansai Region 2016/4/4 11:57
Depends on what type of travelers you are. Y15,000 per person per day sounds like a lot to me personally. On my trip to Japan last February, I only spent Y70,000 for 7 days (excluding plane ticket and hotel) and we covered Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo. We didn't scrimp on food (Y2,500 lunch/dinners were common), paid entrance fees for temples and museums, but didn't go to big ticket places such as USJ or Disneyland. We didn't go crazy for shopping too and only bought a couple of things in Uniqlo for family back home. You see, this was my 6th trip to Japan so any souvenir shopping was already done on my previous trips.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spending money for 10 days in Kansai Region 2016/4/4 16:29
Thank you for the info.

Seeing from your experiences i think we'll be ok with 15k per person per day.

We don't plant to spend much on expensive souvenirs or splurge on 3 michelin star restaurants.
The only big attractions we are going to visit ( in terms of money) will be Universal Studios and Kaiyukan.

One more question.
Is it worth getting ICOCA cards for travel?We plan on getting Bus Passes for Kyoto since i've read that that type of transport is more convenient than trains.

Once again thank you for the information :)
by Nikolay Borisov (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spending money for 10 days in Kansai Region 2016/4/4 16:47
Yes, buses are the most convenient way to travel around Kyoto. For the Y500 Bus Pass, you have to check your itinerary and have at least 3 bus trips for the Y500 pass to be a bargain. Each trip costs Y230 so you have to get on the bus 3 times a day for the pass to be cheaper. If you only have 1-2 bus trips then just pay the Y230.

Unfortunately I don't have experience using ICOCA cards. Maybe somebody on the forum could share their experience using it?
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spending money for 10 days in Kansai Region 2016/4/5 01:29
If you already have a Japan Rail Pass (If you need one) then yes your budget is pretty good. The only more expensive cost would be USJ and what ever else you buy.

Minus the hotels, air and transport; My usual budget is between 6000-8000 per day per person except for days I know will be more like going to theme park.

Hope this helps!!
Have fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread