Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Car rental and toll cost - Kanazawa Shirakawa 2016/4/28 20:52
Hi,

Me and my friend will start our journey in Japan in Kanazawa (coming from Tokyo).And after one day in Kanazawa, and before going to Kyoto, we were thinking to make a trip to Shirakawa.

Our fist thought was to buy the bus ticket. But damn we came to think that since it is a rural area, with small villages here and there..maybe renting a car would be a better idea. We know what we need (international driven license), and we have seen the price of the rental car (+- 7000 Yen), but we are not sure about the possible toll price.

I have checked here, and the closest answer i got was around 4000 yens. I guess for going and coming back way.
We also saw that there is a longer and slower way, i guess by small road, to go to Shirakawa without paying tolls. But it would take us 2 hours.

Still, if this road is good, and we can watch beautiful landscapes on that road..we would take it.

So what I am asking here is your opinion about renting a car, the cost of the trip (toll and gas), and if those secondary roads are an option (if they are good and safe)
by Bartimaeus7  

reply to this thread