Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

clothing for Hakune/Tokyo weather in June? 2016/5/22 23:48
We will be visiting Tokyo and Hakone in June. What are the suitable clothing to wear during that period?
by MEEEEEEE (guest)  

Re: clothing for Hakune/Tokyo weather in June? 2016/5/23 12:14
light clothing.
shirt and jeans.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: clothing for Hakune/Tokyo weather in June? 2016/5/23 15:14
It is summer time. Think hard...
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: clothing for Hakune/Tokyo weather in June? 2016/6/1 22:06
Tokyo is around 25 degrees on average in June (and Hakone a bit cooler) with a fair chance of rain. Not quite the summer time heat just yet, but still hot enough that you'll probably want to wear shortsleeves and shorts. Jeans will probably be uncomfortably warm unless you're used to hot weather already. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: clothing for Hakune/Tokyo weather in June? 2016/6/2 06:20
I have always found Tokyo to be very very hot even from the beginning of June, in the city at least. Humid and early 30's but then it probably depends on the year.

But I have been in hakone in mid June for a few days and it was cool enough to want a jumper. And misty/cloudy.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: clothing for Hakune/Tokyo weather in June? 2016/6/28 10:21
Perfect question. We're off to Tokyo tomorrow for 5 days and also spending a night in Hakone. JP weather Bureau is saying between 30 -32 degrees for the next few days.

My memory of Tokyo in summer is hot and sticky. Shorts and tee-shirt and hat.

Ta.
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: clothing for Hakune/Tokyo weather in June? 2016/6/28 13:36
As we speak (13:35 on June 28) it is rainy in Tokyo, temperature around 22 degrees C, it's humid. I would take a light long-sleeve shirt so you can put it on over your T-shirt in case you encounter some cooler temperature (yes, Hakone can be pretty cool in the morning) and on air-conditioned trains.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread