Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best chance to see sakura? 2016/6/24 04:36
Hi there.

I would want to see the awesome sakura blossomming in Japan sometime and I know it can occur from late March to early May, depending on weather, region, etc.

I plan on going to Japan sometime during that period of time for a little more than two weeks. Which would be the best time to plan this trip to at least get a chance on seeing it?

I will not only watch sakura but I would want to get the chance to see more than just a few pink trees...

I have seen some movies with corridors of pink colored trees, people bathing in sakura blossoms, etc...
by Magnus (guest)  

Re: Best chance to see sakura? 2016/6/24 11:35
Just as you've said, it depends on the region you want to travel to! If you're thinking the major tourist areas of Tokyo and Kansai, then the last week of March/first week of April is usually your best bet. Of course, the season could differ dramatically!

You do need to start booking a sakura trip quite early (i.e., in the next few months) in order to get accommodation at reasonable prices. The best plan to be able to get good sakura viewing is to keep your plans very flexible so you can "chase" the sakura. For example, if you decide to see the sakura in Kansai choose a central base (e.g. Osaka or Kyoto) and check the sakura forecasts each day, day tripping out to get full bloom at other locations as need be.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread