Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 13:51
Hi, uh so me and a friend of mine are planning to travel to Japan, Tokyo this December but is uncertain if we can due to our age.

We are from Singapore and I am 15 years old while my friend is 17.

We plan to stay in there for a week but we are worried that we might get stopped at immigration due to our age and send us back.

I tried to find some answer on google and this site but still cant get any proper answer for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)
by WasabiPyon  

Re: minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 14:30
You guys are considered minors and if you don't have a grasp in the language, please don't go. People there may be nice and try to help you out despite the lack of English understanding they have over there, I would advise you to be a little older and all grown up a little wiser. You're probably required to have a guardian with you or hotels will not check you in even if you have the money.
by lynnkaylen rate this post as useful

Re: minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 16:18
At your age you should check with your parent why check with this forum ? any regulation concerned age is with the authority (hotel or immigration) whereby the forum member has no control over it. Even the forum member tell you no issue can you take it and travel ? Consult your parent for decision.
by ElbertPoh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 16:27
The parents won't have much more control over immigration and other policies than people on this forum...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 16:33
The parent had added respondsibility over the forum member here whereby there could consult the relevant authority and make sure thinks get done before hand.
by ElbertPoh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 17:05
Oh the English murderers!

Dear OP,
Please send an email to the email address on the hotel's website. If they are unable to answer your question in English, you shouldn't try to stay there. If they do inform you that you cannot stay there, search for one until you can.

In the worse case scenario, if you know anyone in Japan (friends/pen-pals) you may be able to couch surf at their place.

Besides lodging, i do not see any issues with transport or food or any other possible issue. Do not that minors may not be allowed to be in certain areas after hours.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 17:43
I have checked with my parents and we have discussed about this, I'm just here to do my research before doing things. :)
by WasabiPyon rate this post as useful

Re: minimum age to travel to Japan? 2016/7/15 17:47
generally speaking, it is very rare that a group, which consists of only minors, stays in hotels without their parents.
if that happens, the parents contact to the hotel directly, explain the details, and pay the accommodation in advance.
they will not communicate directly to minors.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread