Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko Day Trip 2016/7/21 10:01
Has anyone here been to Nikko National Park? If so, do you advise a day trip from Tokyo, or an overnight stay? Will there be lots of flowers at this time of year, or should I wait until Autumn for vibrant colors? I mainly want to do a bit of hiking and enjoy nature - can I easily do this from Shinkyo and Nishisando, or do I need to go further towards the Okunikko area to see nature?
by Jenn Jett (guest)  

Re: Nikko Day Trip 2016/7/21 15:02
If you want to make it a day trip from Tokyo (and not get back to Tokyo too late), I would say that might limit you to going up as far as Lake Chuzenji, just walking around the lake a bit, visit Kegon Waterfalls, and then coming back down to Shinkyo & Nishisando area to visit the temples at a leisurely pace.

If you want to do some extensive hiking (AND visit the temples) I would recommend an overnight trip. For hiking, taking the bus all the way up to Okunikko (Yunoko area), then hiking down the Senjogahara marsh, visiting the Yudaki and Ryuzu waterfalls, coming down to Lake Chuzenji, would fill the first day.

Autumn would be great for the red & orange colors; of course there will be more visitors and the buses would be crowded, but I think it's worth it then.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread