Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advise for a 7N/8D trip, badly needed. Thanks 2016/7/24 18:49
Hi! My husband and I will go to Japan mid-October this year. From Narita we want to go to OSAKA (what train should we pick, how much for the ticket?) I bought 7days JRPass (green car) this is our Itinerary. Pls. let me know if I did the right thing or if we have to buy other tickets. Also, is Swissotel Osaka better than Hotel Nikko in terms of location and worth of money?
1st day - Narita -Tokyo Station - Shin-Osaka via Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen particularly NOZOMI (kindly tell me interval time of departure and if this is correct train)
2nd day - Will buy whole day tour for Kyoto & Nara
3rd day - still choosing between Osaka or Kobe Full day tour
4th day - will explore Osaka (Shinsaibashi and Dontonbori area) because we heard that food is best in those areas and we love food.
5th day - Osaka - Tokyo via Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen (is this right?)
Hotel in Tokyo: where to stay shibuya or shinjuku?
6th day - Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour
7th day - will explore Tokyo
8th day - Tokyo - Narita (flight home)

Kindly advise what we still need to do in order to have a hassle or stress free vacation. Thank you so much
by Jasmin Martinez (guest)  

Re: Advise for a 7N/8D trip, badly needed. Thanks 2016/7/25 10:43
If you use the JR Pass, you cannot use NOZOMI. You need to use just a slightly slower HIKARI train to travel between Tokyo and Shin-Osaka :)

What do you mean you will "buy whole day tour"? You can just travel arount Kyoto, Nara, Osaka and Hakone at your own pace and visit places you want to see. No need to go on organized tours, if that is what you mean. I would spend more time in Kyoto and Nara, unless you have no interest in traditional Japan.

I admit you cannot do "Mt. Fuji & Hakone" all in one day on public transportation, but for Mt. Fuji (I'm assuming one tour package that takes you to both) you get to the 5th station but you cannot "see" Mt. Fuji from its 5th station anyways :)

You "could" visit Hakone on your way back from Osaka to Tokyo. You can get off at Mishima or Odawara and go to Hakone.

I don't know what your biggest aim is, but if you want to go to hot springs and enjoy nature you can go to Hakone (maybe stop over on the way back from Osaka and stay over), and if you want to have a better chance of viewing Mt. Fuji, you can go to Kawaguchi-ko (Lake Kawaguchi) area from Tokyo as a day trip.

by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advise for a 7N/8D trip, badly needed. Thanks 2016/7/25 11:44
As the above poster said, you can't take the Nozomi if you're using a JR Pass. A JR Pass also won't cover all your transportation, only that run by the JR company. For other transportation, get an IC card (one each) - this is a reloadable public transport card that can be used on trains, subways and buses.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advise for a 7N/8D trip, badly needed. Thanks 2016/7/25 18:01
Do note that though your JR Pass would pay for your travel from Tokyo to Osaka and back to Tokyo it would not pay for your travel on the tours.
It may be better to fly into Osaka airport. Use a tour for Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo. It would be cheaper for you.
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread