Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help on my itinerary 2016/7/27 05:58
Hi all, I am in the process of planning a family trip to Japan for this December. I hope to get some advice whether my plan as of now would be feasible. Planning for a really relax and slow paced trip. Thank you in advance for reading my long post :].

The travelers:
- Dad & Mom (Both are strict vegetarians, likes scenery dislikes shopping)
- Big Sis, Lil Sis, Brother, Me (I am Big Sis's BF) [Happy to be in Japan]
- PS: None of us have actually encountered really cold places since we live in Singapore and rarely travel.

Budget Breakdown (Prices in SGD):
- Flight: ~$1100/pax
- Accommodations: ~$40/pax/night
- Major travel expenses
Bus to Fuji (Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko), $23
Bus from Kawaguchiko to Mishima, $30
Mishima Station (Bullet train) to Kyoto, $142
JR Kansai Pass (Within Kyo-Nara-Osa only) – 2 day pass, $55
- Total: ~$3000/pax

Itinerary:

Day 1:
- Arrive at Haneda at roughly 10am
- Head to checkin at Airbnb
- Places to visit: Tokyo Station and Tokyo Tower
- Giving the group time to adjust to the colder weather

Day 2:
- Sensoji Temple at Asakusa
- Ueno Park + Ameyoko
- Akihabara for animal cafes

Day 3:
- Shibuya, Hachiko + Shibuya Crossing
- Yoyogi Park + Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Harajuku + Dinner at Sakura Tei

Day 4:
- Head to Shinjuku to take the Keio Bus to Kawaguchiko
- Should arrive ~ 12pm, head over to K House Mt Fuji
- (Planned to ask K House for recommendations)

Day 5:
- Was thinking of some light trekking from the 5th station (Still planning)

Day 6:
- Take Fujikyuko bus from Kawaguchiko (10.20am) to Mishima Station (12.00pm)
- Take Bullet Train (12.24pm) to Kyoto Station.
- Checkin Airbnb and explore around our accomodation

Day 7:
- Philosopher's Path - Kiyomizudera - Fushimi Inari Shrine - Arashiyama - Bamboo Alley

Day 8:
- Activate Kansai Pass
- Nara Park - Osaka - Dotonburi - Shopping streets - Namba Parks - Back to Kyoto to rest

Day 9:
- Head to ITM by 1440hrs for flight home
by TNZX  

Re: Help on my itinerary 2016/7/27 10:22
Day 7 and 8 are almost 4 days worth of sightseeing. you will struggle to fit that all into 2 days. Even if you attempt to go fast.

You could do the Dotonbori and shopping the day you arrive at Kyoto. Check in then do late after noon shopping and Dotonbori into the evening, to break it away from your Nara day.

Fushimi Inari and Kiyomizudera are close, and you might be able to do the Higashiyama and Philosopher's Path all in the one day. But Arashiyama is on the other side of town.

There would be other ways to fit other options in. If you only wanna do the Bamboo grove and not the other sights in Arashiyama, then you could do that upon arrival in Kyoto. And then leave Dotonbori for only the evening/dinner on the Nara day, etc.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help on my itinerary 2016/7/27 10:34
For budgeting SGD 40 for hotel might be too low depending on the location. So the total for 6 of you would be 240 SGD, that is about 17,740 yen or so for the 6 of you. Plan so that on some days you might fit under that budget (hostel), and on other days you simply wouldn't.

Day 5: Trekking or hiking from 5th station might feel good (but it will be cold), but since you are ON Mt. Fuji, you might not get that much of a view. Seeing that you will be staying near Kawaguchi-ko station, I recommend taking the ropeway, taking the lake cruise, going around to the north shore by bus, or possibly taking the bus to Lake Saiko and its vicinity for visiting caves, if you are interested.

I agree with the earlier poster about days 7 & 8. Or is the idea that some of you go to Nara (your parents) and the youngsters go to Osaka for shopping? :)
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help on my itinerary 2016/7/27 13:40
Prepare to either rent a home or stay in a hostel. Then again, you may not get a hostel if it is during peak periods.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help on my itinerary 2016/7/27 17:29
Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I will take into consideration all of them.

1) I have heard airbnb in Japan is not very reliable as it is actually against some laws in Japan? I will consider hostels then.

2) The schedules for Kyoto was done up with little consideration of the time. Will look into it more!

3) Thank you for the suggestions for Fuji, the family actually is quite interested in seeing snow, hence Fuji. But that may have to be forgone to make the trip more enjoyable.

by TNZX rate this post as useful

reply to this thread