Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Confused about Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/8/10 10:23
Hi all,

So, I’m a little confused about the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route.

1) Firstly, where does the tour start and finish? I assume it starts in Tateyama (near Toyama), and ends in Kurobe? Or does it pick you up in Toyama?

2) According to Google Maps, this drive only takes 40min. How long does the actual drive/tour take?

3) If I wanted to do this tour and then go to Tokyo on the same day, how would I do this? Google Maps says I can get to Shinjuku Station from Kurobe Station and it takes 3hr50min. Is this correct?

4) I’ve gone on the ticket website and the only one-way options I have are: One way Tateyama to Ogizawa Station and Tateyama to Murodo Station. Ogizawa and Murodo do not have any trains to Tokyo… So what should I do?! Why is there no option to Kurobe Station!?

Thanks for all your help!
by BradR  

Re: Confused about Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/8/10 10:36

You could start your trip from Toyama. Here is a complete detailed information:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7551.html
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confused about Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/8/10 10:59
1) Firstly, where does the tour start and finish? I assume it starts in Tateyama (near Toyama), and ends in Kurobe? Or does it pick you up in Toyama?

The Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route is not a tour, rather it is a series of trains, buses, ropeways, and cablecar that lead across the mountain range between Toyama and Nagano. I'd suggest reading this page to familiarize yourself with the route:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7550.html

2) According to Google Maps, this drive only takes 40min. How long does the actual drive/tour take?

The drive between Toyama and Tateyama station takes about 40-60 mins. Crossing over the mountains takes the better part of a day.

3) If I wanted to do this tour and then go to Tokyo on the same day, how would I do this? Google Maps says I can get to Shinjuku Station from Kurobe Station and it takes 3hr50min. Is this correct?

4) I’ve gone on the ticket website and the only one-way options I have are: One way Tateyama to Ogizawa Station and Tateyama to Murodo Station. Ogizawa and Murodo do not have any trains to Tokyo… So what should I do?! Why is there no option to Kurobe Station!?

The route does not connect to Kurobe Station. Presuming you start in Toyama, you could go up to Murodo and back in the day and then catch the Shinkansen from there to Tokyo Station.

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread