Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow Festival Hokkaido itinerary inquiry 2016/8/18 19:12
Could you please provide your thoughts about the following itinerary questions that I have about the snow festivals for this coming February? I am hoping that you can assist with some question as it will help determine my itinerary. This will be my first trip to Hokkaido.

1. How many days would you plan for the Asahikawa/Sapporo/Lake Chitose festivals? I am trying to balance out seeing everything + dealing with the cold weather being that I will be with 2 young children, and will be coming from warm sunshine! Right now I arrive in Asahikawa on the 8th, head to Sapporo on the 9th, leave for Lake Shikotsu either on the 12th or 13th (depending on whether it's better to stay in Sapporo until the end or see the fireworks at Lake Shikotsu), and head home on the 13th or 14th. Leaving on the 14th will give us a more leisure itinerary, but will also mean that we are in the FREEZING COLD for an extra day - can we handle?!

For example:

Feb 8 - arrive AKJ noon, bus to Asahikawa, bus to zoo for penguin parade. PM: Asahikawa.
Feb 9 - Tokiwa Park. 4p Zoo Train to Sapporo. PM: Susukino.
Feb 10 - AM: Tsudome. PM: Otaru.
Feb 11 - AM: Fishing. PM: Odori. (OR, leisurely spend the day and night at Odori)
Feb 12 - AM: Tsudome. PM: bus to Lake Shikotsu (OR, stay in Sapporo. PM: ice demo)
Feb 13 - Bus to CTS, depart. (OR, AM: Fishing. PM: Lake Shikotsu - stay Lake or CTS)
Feb 14 - Depart on this day, if spending extra day in Sapporo.

2. Are the fireworks at Lake Shikotsu worthwhile? I am planning to see the Ice Festival there, but doing so on the 13th rather than on the 12th would give me an extra day in Sapporo, but I would be missing the fireworks. What do you think - stay an extra day in Sapporo (will allow me to play at Tsudome for 2 days), I will be there from the 9th, or see the fireworks at Lake Shikotsu.

3. I've heard that CTS has amazing activities for little ones. Is it worth spending the night at CTS just to have fun at the airport? (But I have also read that CTS has undergone some renovations so a lot of the kiddy activities have been removed, is this true?)

I certainly appreciate whatever information you are able to pass on to me.

Thank you!
by Peahi  

reply to this thread