Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this itinerary workable? 2016/8/22 23:00
Hi all, would like to hear some advices from you.
I'll be travelling to Japan end October till early November, but I'm thinking will it be worth for me to buy JR Pass 7 days.

Below are my rough itinerary draft out so far. You can let me know if you think this itinerary is too rushing or not suitable. As I've been to Osaka/Kyoto in May this year, will just like to stop by for awhile in Osaka after my himeji trip before heading back to Kyoto.

As I'll be staying over at my friend's place in Tokyo so there's stopover that I can place my luggage without moving them with me when I visit elsewhere & my friend will be joining me for Kanazawa trip so in doing a round trip back to Tokyo also.

D1 - Will be in Tokyo (4D3N)
D2 - Day Trip to Hakone, Mt Fuji back to Tokyo
D3 - Mt Takao for hike, back to Tokyo
D4 - Out from Tokyo and to Kyoto ( Staying in Kyoto for 3D2N)
D5 - Out for day trip to Himeiji, Kobe & Osaka then back to Kyoto
D6 - Out from Kyoto to Nagoya and back to Tokyo
D7 - Out to Kanazawa (2D1N)
D8 - From Kanazawa to Tateyama and back to Tokyo
D9 - Tokyo then back home

Buying JR Pass 7 days is it worth it? I'm confused with the train lines as I know there's a lot of different company in Japan.

Thankyou
by jhpenny  

Re: Is this itinerary workable? 2016/8/23 09:42
Day 5: Probably too busy, depending on how much time you want to spend in each place. If you're going to Himeji just to take a photo of the castle, fine - but then what's the point of visiting?

A 7-day JR Pass is a good idea for your itinerary. If you swap Days 2 and 3, you could activate the JR Pass on Day 3, use it to get to Odawara (then buy the Odawara version of the Hakone FreePass) and all your other destinations (where JR is available), and then to the airport on Day 9.

You can check if a pass pays off by looking up the fares on Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en), adding them up yourself, then comparing the total cost to the cost of a pass.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread