Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ALT Summer Pay 2016/8/25 13:22
I'm an ALT for Interac and so far they have been useless with information and just told me to refer to my contract.

I was given a yearly calendar. The first week of August was work days. I stay at home and work from my computer. I don't go to school. The rest of the month was marked as unpaid vacation.

ALTs say we get full pay for work days and only 50% pay for unpaid vacation days. The contract doesn't decipher between the two. It simply says that the month of August will only be 50% pay. If we still get 50% pay, why is it marked as unpaid? Do we in fact get 50% pay or not?
by ALT (guest)  

Re: ALT Summer Pay 2016/8/27 07:37
Back when I did it, it was considered unpaid leave, but they paid half the salary because that 50% is a guaranteed base amount. Everything above the 50% is actually attendance "bonus." That's why in months like December and March/April you get around 75%, because you teach for about 2 weeks in each of those months.
by Cheese (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ALT Summer Pay 2016/9/2 13:16
You get 100% for the WORK DAY days and 0% for the UNPAID HOLIDAY days.

You're essentially furloughed on the UNPAID HOLIDAY days so that Interac can keep 100% of the money that the Board of Education is giving them.

Any additional salary other than the base salary (for example: location allowance(s) and "Plus One" and "Plus Two" allowances if you drive) will also be set at 50%.

by Sakuya (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread