Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help Needed on Itinerary 2016/8/25 15:09
Hello Everyone!

I need help. We are traveling to Japan during winter in Jan 2017 with our 2 kids aged 10 and 6. We are flying into Narita and out of Kansai for a total 10 days with bases in Tokyo and Osaka for the most parts.

Need advice on our draft itinerary. I do not know if Ifm planning it correctly and not sure if itfll be too much with the kids and luggage (2 check-ins and 2 hand carry).

Here is the draft itinerary:-

D1 - Arrive Narita late afternoon - check-in hotel (not sure where
to stay yet) - leisure in Tokyo city
D2 - Chiba - Disneyland
D3 - Tokyo City - Shibuya/Shinjuku, Harajuku, Tokyo Tower &
Yokohama (by evening) - Ramen Museum - Art Rink at Red
Brick Warehouse
D4 - Tokyo - Hakone or Kawaguchiko - Tokyo
D5 - Tokyo - Nagoya - Kuwana for Nabana no Sato (Winter
Illumination) - stay one night
D6 - Nagoya - Osaka - check-in hotel - walk around Kuromon
market, Minami (Namba) - Dotonbori canal
D7 - Osaka - USJ - Osaka Castle – night for Winter Illumination
D8 - Kyoto - Arashiyama area, Fushimi Inari Shrine,
Kiyomizudera Temple, Kinkakuji, Otagi Nenbutsu Ji Temple,
Gion
D9 - Osaka - Hiroshima - Miyajima - Hiroshima - Osaka
Miyajima : Itsukushima Shrine - floating Torii Gate
Hiroshima : Hiroshima Peace Memorial (Genbaku Dome),
Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
D10 - Osaka - walk around hotel area before heading to airport

Questions-
1. What would be the most economical way to travel around each
city? Advisable to purchase any Passes i.e.7 or 14 Days Rail
Passes?
2. Does it make more sense to travel to Osaka from Kawaguchiko
or Tokyo
3. Which train line should i take from Osaka to Kyoto?

This will be our first time so any advice that you have would be appreciated. Thank you!
by Amy Cheah  

Re: Help Needed on Itinerary 2016/8/26 03:45
Very packed itinerary, you should consider reviewing some days that are too packed.

D3 - might want to skip Tokyo Tower that is outside of your main visiting area (west)

D8 - Too packed, almost 2 day worth of visiting here: Arashiyama and area (including maybe Kinkakuji); Inari and area (Kiyomizu).

D9 - Really really packed, most people prefer to divide in two Hiroshima and Miyajima. Doing most you will most likely have to skip a lot in Miyajima

1) If you have a JR pass or JR Kansai pass, try to stick to JR lines until closer to the areas, only then switch to private railways. You stay only 10 days, there is no reason for a 14-day pass specially because you are using 3 days in Tokyo region. A 7 day pass fits nicelly

2) Tokyo, you cannot travel to Osaka directly from Kawaguchiko, you would return to Tokyo anyway (or Yokohama)

3) Local rail from Osaka station to Kyoto station. Same or less time, and less commute.
by Caiobrz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread