Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Thoughts on spending a lot of time Sapporo 2016/8/31 02:09
Hi,

So I'm taking this trip to get away from my routine and add a spark to my writing. I'll be spending the largest chunks of time at lakes until the last week(of September) where I was thinking of basing in Sapporo because that is where I am thinking to fly out.

I like the idea of spending the end of the trip in civilization because ultimately that's what I want to write about.

My question is, how is Sapporo, the atmosphere? How does the tree to building ratio compare to other cities in the area.

Can you hike up into the hills at the edges of the city? Is that land private? Do people go up there?

How are the city parks? Are there cool cafes with personality where you can just sit or is it stark generic chains under ugly florescent lights?

How do you think depression rates in Sapporo compare to other Hokkaido cities or cities in Tokyo. I had seen that rural areas tend to have higher rates of depression than the cities. Sapporo isn't rural obviously but it is more isolated from the rest of Japan.

Has anyone seen Cowboy Bebop? I'm picturing a city like in Jupiter Jazz episode 12

So far I have 9 nights scheduled at an affordable hostel there but I have time to change reservation.
by SeattleMick  

reply to this thread