Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Review itinerary during December 2016/9/2 05:18
Hi Guys,
My husband my son and I, will be visiting Japan in december.
We donft want to be fast pace especially because we are traveling with our son, he will be almost One year and 10 months old at the time of the trip.

I did this itinerary, but now I feel a little discouraged because I contacted a travel agency so they could help me with the train pass, because I was reading that some trains are exempt from the pass and I wanted to make sure that our route was ok to use with the JR pass. But her answer was that we were going a lot of time, that december is a bad month because is cold and we are crazy for going with a toddler, and we can not travel with luggage in the train like in Europe.

So I would like to ask for your input in our itinerary or to see if you have other recommendations, especially I donft know if we should buy the 14 day pass or buy the trains separate.

December 10th Arrive Narita airport at 6:00 AM, Day in Tokyo (Sleep in Tokyo)

December 11th Tokyo (Sleep in Tokyo)

December 12th day Trip to Nikko (Sleep in Tokyo)

December 13th Tokyo - Hakkone (Sleep in Hakkone)

December 14th Hakkone - Kyoto (Sleep in Kyoto)

December 15th Kyoto (Sleep in Kyoto)

December 16th Kyoto (Sleep in Kyoto)

December 17th Day trip to Nara (Sleep in Kyoto)

December 18th Day trip to Osaka (Sleep in Kyoto)

December 19th Kyoto (Sleep in Kyoto)

December 20th Kyoto- Miyajima via Hiroshima (Sleep in Miyajima)

December 21th Miyahima-Tokyo via Hiroshima (Sleep in Tokyo)

December 22th Day trip to Kamakura (Sleep in Tokyo)

December 23th Tokyo (Sleep in Tokyo)

December 24th Tokyo (Sleep in Tokyo)

December 25th Flight out home

Our biggest concern is the train from Hiroshima to Tokyo, because I was checking online, and the train that goes from Hiroshima to Tokyo is not included in the JR Pass.

Thank you.
by Carla (guest)  

Re: Review itinerary during December 2016/9/2 09:07
The shinkansen route from Tokyo to Hiroshima (and return) is absolutely covered by the JR Pass. You cannot take the Nozomi service, but there are other services available. You may have to take two shinkansen (likely changing trains at Shin-Osaka Station). Use Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en) to find the route, making sure to untick 'Nozomi/etc.'.

By the way, it's Hakone. One 'k'.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Review itinerary during December 2016/9/2 15:03
To clarify, multiple trains go from Tokyo to Kyoto. From limited express to shinkansens. Nozomi is the only shinkansen not applicable under the JR Pass but there are another two shinkansens that are covered by the JR Pass that goes along this route.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread