Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

New Year itinerary help 2016/9/5 11:22
Hi,

I'm having trouble coming up with an itinerary over New Year. So I will be breaking off from my family from Osaka on the 28th of Dec and plan on going to Kanazawa, Takayama then up towards Hakodate and Sapporo before going back to Tokyo to fly out on Jan 6th. Not sure if things are a bit rushed with this plan and if the New Year closures will be an issue or if Shinkansen will be booked or busy.

So far I've planned from Osaka,

28th-30th: Kanazawa
30th-31st: Takayama with day trip to Shirakawa-go
31st-1st: Saitama area to visit friends
1st-3rd: Hakodate
3rd-5th: Sapporo
5th-6th Tokyo
I will have a JR Pass during this period. Also if there are suggestions for the trip between Sapporo and Tokyo to break up the travel time or if you recommend the overnight train back to Tokyo?

Thanks in advanced
by irvinoy (guest)  

Re: New Year itinerary help 2016/9/5 15:58
You are allocating sufficient time for each location. So no problem there. Just it is a waste of time and money to travel so far and only spend that much time in Tohoku and Hokkaido (though I am not one to talk as I have done worse).
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread