Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keio/Japan Graduate School- is it worth it? 2016/9/27 09:18
Hello,

I will be graduating soon from a university in the US, and have seriously been thinking of receiving my masters in Japan, particularly in Keio University's Graduate School of Media Design.

I've lived briefly before in Japan and have attended both Sophia University and Waseda. I can't say my experiences were really great education-wise, though I was told that graduate school would be different. I am now looking at Keio, as it offers something closer to my major than other universities. My goals would be fully mastering the Japanese language and living in the country for an extended period of time, even working there post-graduation.

Has anyone attended Keio or any other graduate school in Japan and can give me any tips/ideas/advice regarding studying there?

My other graduate school option would be somewhere in the UK, as reference.

Thank you very much for your time!
by ConfusedStudent (guest)  

Re: Keio/Japan Graduate School- is it worth it? 2016/9/28 11:19
I've heard not very nice things specifically about Media Design. Unchallenging courses where students coast through, poor guidance from professors that accept any project and thesis no matter how unsustainable and uninteresting it is, graduates struggling to find a job or to receive decent offers....

On the other hand, I've heard excellent things about the System Design and Management school.
by Aru (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread