Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsumago - Magome in November 2016/9/28 18:14
Hi all,

These are Peter & Bea, from Spain (28 years old) and we are going to spend our holidays in Japan between 3-15Nov. It is our first time and between Tokyo (first 4 days of the trip) and Kyoto (last 4 days), we were looking for some plan to get lost in the nature, enjoy momiji and enjoy traditional Japanese atmosphere during a couple of days. We have checked this both options, and would like (and truly thank) your opinions:

A) Go from Tokyo to Okuhida Onsen (Minshuku Takizawa) to visit hot springs and spend a night, then back to Kyoto next day.

B) Visit the Tsumago - Magome area. Here is where I have the question of how should be best way of organize it: From Tokyo to Magome, then spend a night, and next day to the route to Tsumago and then Kyoto? (but don't know how to deal with the backpackers during the route as I don't know if the luggage transfer service between both cities will be still running). Or also I can do Tokyo-Tsumano-Magone in one day and then sleep in Malone and next day going to Kyoto (or even check Takayama before going to Kyoto).

I will be very happy to read your comments regarding if this idea would be worthy and how you think would be best way to do it :)

Thank you very much!!
Peter & Bea
by Pedro Cebrian (guest)  

Re: Tsumago - Magome in November 2016/9/28 19:58
I would warmly raccomand to spend at least one night in the traditional ryokan Fujioto in Tsumago, it's something you can't forget, a great experience. With a JR Pass you could come from Tokyo and change in Nagoya and Nakatsugawa (check the website Hyperdia for the trains timetables). I've also done the trial once 5 years ago to reach the village, it's a long walk and better to have a guide but you are in the middle of the nature, another wonderful feeling.
by raikiri rate this post as useful

Re: Tsumago - Magome in November 2016/9/28 23:15
Thank you very much Raikiri,

It is not possible for us to stay in that accommodation due to is all fully booked our available nights.

I will wait if someone can also help me and then decide between Okuhida Onsen or Tsumago - Magome.

Thanks!
P
by Pedro Cebrian (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread