Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan itinerary check 2016/10/19 00:39
I am travelling to Osaka for a few days, then on to kola overnight, then up to kyoto for 4 nights. Then travelling to Takayma, kanazawa, then yamanouchi for 2 nights. Then to Tokyo for 2 night, then Nikko for two night then back to Tokyo for 2 nights before flying home from tokyo airport.
Is there a JR pass that would make sense for this trip?
Thank you for input.
by wendy (guest)  

Re: Japan itinerary check 2016/10/19 10:57
probably not since you are going in the one direction. with buses and private railways that aren't covered by the pass.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary check 2016/10/22 06:08
You can use a pass call "Koyasan World Heritage ticket" for 3400 yen to go to Koyasan. Then you don't need to go via JR Hashimoto and take nearly 3 hours. You can do it in about 1.5 hours using Nankai services. The pass also allows usage of the Koyasan buses with was not part of the above calculations. As another 1200-1500 yen.

Also the "All Tobu Pass" to get to Tobu is 4520 yen which includes travel to and from, and the buses. Much cheaper and at least 30 minutes quicker than the JR 2x 2600 yen option without any buses included as exampled above. You'll need to pay another 1500 yen for buses.

While looking just at trains, some passes may stack up when using a calculator. But You need to look at other transport also, as other passes maybe provide rail transport also.

Using just the passes I examples, I saved 8200 in JR travel and 4380 in non-JR travel (including buses) and replaced it with 7920 in 2 passes. And you get to places quicker.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread