Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing of Japanese language school 2016/10/19 06:00
Hello,

I would like to have some responses to some questions I have

1) I think it's possible to change of Japanese's language school but is it really possible? I'm on 2 years visa, and my school become so boring. Moreover in 6 months I can enter a semon gakko

2) Is it possible to change the Student Visa for a Working Holiday Visa while in Japan? I heard everything so if you have concrete proof...

3) If I'm stopping my Japanese school, how many time do I have until the completely dissolution of my visa? I heard that we have 3 months,and if it becomes a Visitor Visa (but I've begun a new work ending September)

4) I heard and read (on the japanese's immigration's website) that there's an "extension" Visa available... Do someone know which are the conditions to obtain it?

Please don't tell me to contact the immigration, I already send a mail. I just want some others point of view ^^'
Thanks for reading
by Lydioune  

Re: Changing of Japanese language school 2016/10/19 10:46
Usually you need to apply for a Working Holiday Visa in your home country.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing of Japanese language school 2016/10/19 12:19
1) possible.
2) probably, No.
3) you have to find a new school as soon as possible. there is no clear grace term. if you fail to find a new school within a reasonable term, you may not have a next renewal of the visa.
if you don't go to school, you can't work 28 hrs per week (even if you have a permission). if they find you, they will catch you to send you back to your home country. most of those information (illegal working) are informed from foreigners (probably from your friends).
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing of Japanese language school 2016/10/19 19:33
1) Yes, that is possible. Just be mindful of details like until when you've paid in the tuition to your current school.

2) No. Working Holiday Visa is something you need to apply from your home country.

3) If you leave your school altogether, both the school and you need to inform immigration authorities of the change within 14 days. So immigration will know for sure. They will not revoke your resident status immediately, but I would say you'd have maybe 2 months or so at most to be enrolled in another school. If you have started new part-time job alongside being a student, that might be a bit of an issue. If you stopped attending a school, you cannot work.

4) Extension under what circumstances?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread