Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama, time of day 2016/11/4 02:30
I'll be in Kyoto in a few weeks and would like to take an afternoon in Arashiyama. I'd like to see the bamboo groves and Togetsukyo Bridge. I would probably be able to leave by 2. Is that enough time to get there and walk around?

What time would I need to head back to the Saga-Arashiyama Station to get back before it gets dark?
by aimless (guest)  

Re: Arashiyama, time of day 2016/11/5 02:27
As it happens, I was planning an excursion to Arashiyama for my holiday later this month. I've decided against it, but did some good research on the area. I'd say it would take 15 minutes, one way, to get from Saga-Arashiyama station to either the bamboo groves or Togetsukyo. A full circuit, perhaps cutting through Arashiyama Park, would take an hour or more, depending on how long you'd stay at either place. As for sunset times, for November they're typically between 4:30 and 5:00 PM. If you have time to kill, you might wish to explore Tenryu-ji or the Okochi Sanso Villa. Don't forget to check out the "kimono forest" at the Arashiyama tram station!
by SpyHunter29 rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama, time of day 2016/11/5 07:45
if just doing the bridges and bamboo grove, you'll need around 90 minutes. if you add the temple, then 2 hours.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread