Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which JR pass to use? 2016/11/30 13:14
Hi all,

Would love some advice on what JR pass would be suitable for me? A really brief description of my itinerary:

Day 1 - Narita Airport to Tokyo
Day 2 to 4 - Tokyo (planning to use Tokyo Subway Pass from Grutt Pass Bundle to travel around)
Day 5 - Tokyo to Nagano (for snow monkeys!)
Day 6 - Nagano - Matsumoto (stop over for castle) - Kyoto
Day 7 - Kyoto
Day 8 - Kyoto to Nara, back to Kyoto (day trip)
Day 9 - Kyoto to Osaka
Day 10 - Osaka (will be using a combination of JR trains and local lines from Osaka Amazing Pass)
Day 11 - Osaka to Kansai Airport

My initial plan was to use the JR pass (activated on Day 5 onwards), but it seems that it will not pay off! Was wondering if it would instead be more suitable for me to use other regional passes? Any tips? Thanks in advance!
by ggjapex  

Re: Which JR pass to use? 2016/11/30 14:11
You appear to have already answered your own question. A 7 day JR pass would not pay off for you. However, if you took a half day or full day trip to Himeji (with Japan's best castle and well worth it) you would more than break even.
You didn't list specific dates, but the Snow Monkey Pass might save you a little money. You seem to know about other useful regional passes though, so it is up to you to expand your plans or pay for regular tickets.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread