Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haneda (Tokyo) to Kyoto 2016/12/6 01:12
I'm landing around 2pm on a Saturday in Haneda. I want to jet to Kyoto.

Research says I should take Haneda to Shinagawa Station (Keikyu-Kuko Line) 15 -20 Minutes.

Does this sound right?

Then its recommended to by a JR Rail pass (In the USA) and take the Shinkkansen to Kyoto. So should it seems i shouldnt try to book a train a head of time as flight may be delayed. I used http://www.hyperdia.com/ and it seems there is plenty of trains to Kyoto that day.

What do you think?
by Morvegil  

Re: Haneda (Tokyo) to Kyoto 2016/12/6 10:57
First of all, one Tokyo - Kyoto shinkansen ride does not make a JR Pass cost-effective. Do you plan to return to Tokyo? If so, a 7-day JR Pass comes close to paying off with a return trip between Tokyo and Kyoto.

Second, you can't take any shinkansen you want with a JR Pass. You won't be able to use the Nozomi service between Tokyo and Kyoto, which is the most frequent service. In Hyperdia, you can eliminate these trains by unticking the Nozomi box under "More Options".

Third, you can't reserve this shinkansen from outside of Japan anyway! But yes, it would be a good idea not to reserve it in case your plane is late, or you get caught up at the airport.

Fourth, if a JR Pass does end up being good value for it, exchange it at the airport as it will cover the monorail between Haneda Airport and Tokyo.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread