Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2016/12/13 07:13
I am in the process of planning our second trip to Japan. I still have many open spots in the itinerary, but Ifm working on them one by one.
One place we want to visit is the Shin-Hotaka Ropeway. We will probably arrive from Nagoya by train. I have found out three possibilities:
1. Stay in Takayma and do a day trip to the mountain.
2. Stay in Hirayu Onsen village and do the day trip from there.
3. Stay up in the mountain in a resort near the Ropeway.
#1 option is the lazy option and in a case of a bad weather up in the mountain, we could just carry on our travel.
#2 option gives an easier chance to go up and also have the services (restaurants) and shops in the village.
#3 is a luxurious option, easy access to the Ropeway, but very isolated from everything else.Also the most expensive option.
Can you please give your views of each option and perhaps also the hotel recommendations.
Thanking you.
by saijaR  

Re: Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2016/12/13 09:57

If you love onsens, you may chose either option one or two, otherwise a day trip from Takayama is fine.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread