Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 Day around yoyogi Park 2016/12/24 20:34
Hello,

I have tickets to go to the Ghibli Museum on Wednesday Jan-25 at 2 pm. After the Museum I'll head towards Harajuku (cosplay) and Omotesando.

I am looking for something to do/place to visit before going to the Museum. I have already planned to go to the following places on other days: Ginza (my hotel is there), Shinjuku Area, Shibuya, Akihabara, Roppongi, Daikanyama. I thought of renting a bike and spending the morning wandering along the Yoyogi Park. So here comes my questions:

1. Is the Yoyogi Park attractive enough in Winter to spend a morning there? What places can I visit there?

2. I understand that the bike rental is on the west side of the park. Is Sangubashi the best option (closest station) to go walking to the rental?

3. As we are 16 people, is the rental big enough to have that amount of free bikes or I am going to go there only to find out that there are no bikes...

4. Does the bike path go along all the park? Can I reach Meiji Shrine?

5. Do you have any alternative idea where to spend the morning taking into account that at 2 pm I have to be at Ghibli Museum?

Tks!!!
by aanro  

Re: 1 Day around yoyogi Park 2016/12/24 22:39
We went to Yoyogi park at night, so there was winter illumination (probably over by the time you go) and soccer matches. it was dark so I can't tell if it's pretty otherwise. The area where we sat near the soccer field looks like a standard park to me. Some trees and open grassed areas, but nothing so picturesque.
During the day, I've heard that it's a popular dog park. So if you like dogs, there's that if nothing else.

I don't know about the bike situation. Sorry.

As yoyogi is in Shibuya, you can easily make a stop on your Shibuya day too. How about Ikebukuro? Not sure what your group demographic is like, but Ikebukoro has a lot to offer in terms of shopping and otaku stuff catered to females.

Or how about exploring Mitaka? There's Inokashira Park near the Ghibli Museum. There's also a popular wagashi shop near Mitaka Station if you like sweets.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 Day around yoyogi Park 2016/12/24 23:34
Thank you Anon. I think that Yoyogi to the north is much better than the area where you have been, given the photos I have been able to see.

But all the same, I'll explore Mitaka to see if there's anything attractive for us.

by aanro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread