Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Azuma and Goshikinuma in one day 2016/12/30 14:32
I would like to visit Mount Azuma and Goshikinuma in one day for June next year, 2017. I can't drive. Hence, I would like to know if it is possible to combine both places in one day.

I understand that there are buses to these areas. Are they frequent in June?

Will these areas be difficult/ too dangerous for tourists such as I to hike/ stroll?

Thank you for the help
by V (guest)  

Re: Mount Azuma and Goshikinuma in one day 2016/12/30 14:41
I understand that there are buses to these areas. Are they frequent in June?

The buses around Mount Azuma are highly infrequent and connect the mountain to Fukushima City. The buses around Goshikinuma are somewhat more frequent and connect to the Inawashiro area. There are no direct buses between Mount Azuma and Goshikinuma, but a big detour via Fukushima and Koriyama would be necessary. It is very inconvenient and possibly impossible by public transportation. By car, it would be easily possible.

Will these areas be difficult/ too dangerous for tourists such as I to hike/ stroll?

The Goshikinuma walking trail is very easy. The trails around Azuma-Kofuji are a little more difficult, but still no major challenge for the average person.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread