Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JAC checked in luggage 2017/1/26 05:00
Hi,
I reserved and booked a flight on a JAC flight in a few months and they mentioned check in procedures, one called Touch and go, meaning you can go directly to security.

However. They did not mention any check in luggage or so. I know low cost carriers do not include luggage in their fares, but does JAL do so for all their tickets?

It is a Seitoku Advanced Purchase Type A fee. I cannot find any specific information on luggage other than referring to size limitations.

Sorry if this is such a clear answer to you but I have never flown with JAL or JAC before so I need to clearify this.
by Johnny (guest)  

Re: JAC checked in luggage 2017/1/26 10:43
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: JAC checked in luggage 2017/1/26 15:42
If the JAC flight is part of your international air ticket, then typically weight allowances follow the international flight limits. As it says on the link above, "If using an international route air ticket to board a domestic flight, the rules for carry-on items of the international route apply."
But many JAL domestic flights can only be ticketed in Japan (or online) and not outside it. If that's the case it will follow domestic flight ticket allowances.
If you really want to find out, contact them directly and ask.
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/information/inter/branch/
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAC checked in luggage 2017/1/26 20:34
It is a ticket I booked myself. I was thinking of contacting them myself before asking for help here but they only seem to have telephone support, none by e mail.

There would be no problem calling but I usually get too nervous on phone, that's why.
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAC checked in luggage 2017/1/26 21:03
Another question out of the blue. I noticed right now on the forbidden carry on and checked in items that insecticides cannot be brought in any way.

Since mosquitoes and ticks seem to be drawn to me like glue, I use a mosquito repellent containing DEET in the worst areas... Would it be considered an insecticide?
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAC checked in luggage 2017/1/27 07:23
I'm not sure what "booked myself" means. Either you did it through an agent, or directly through the airline. So contact them. They are there to help you.

I'm rather curious where it specifically says you can't bring insecticide. That might well be the case, since chemicals and compressed air canisters are nearly all prohibited. But there is nothing like that mentioned in this government video.
http://nettv.gov-online.go.jp/eng/prg/prg4738.html
At any rate, repellent is not insecticide, and there are many forms like lotion, gel sticks etc so I sorely doubt you'll have any problems with repellent per se.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread