Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya-Gujo-Gero 2017/2/28 17:24
Hello. I'll be going to Gujo in April.
I will be staying there for one night. Can anyone tell me which plan makes more sense..

PLAN A: Nagoya-Gujo-Gero-Nagoya
I'll be departing from Nagoya early Saturday morning, and will be arriving in Gujo at around 9:00 a.m. From my reading, I can conclude that one day is enough to cover all places of interest, either on foot or by bicycle. I will be staying the night here.

Early Sunday morning I am thinking to take a train to Gero.
Around 4pm, I will return to Nagoya.

PLAN B: Nagoya-Gero-Gujo-Nagoya
arrive in Gero early Saturday morning.. spend 3-4 hours there, then take the train to Gujo.
spend my Sunday in Gujo and return to Nagoya by bus.

Please advise which makes more sense.. I plan to stay the night at Gujo and spend half a day in Gero.

by zafera  

Re: Nagoya-Gujo-Gero 2017/2/28 21:51
I used to live in Gifu city, so I am pretty familiar with Gujo. There isn't much to do in Gujo. It is famous for their Gujo odori (dance) and fake plastic food displayed at Japanese restaurants. I guess you can take a lesson in making the plastic food, maybe go out to the castle, but that's about it. I heard the udon or soba is good there because the river water is clean.

I'm not sure what there is in Gero other than an onsen town. I'm not much of a hot spring person so I always drove passed it. I think Takayama or Shirakawa-go is a better side trip in my experience, unless you have already been there.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya-Gujo-Gero 2017/3/1 10:42
Thanks for your input.

I'll be going to Takayama, Shirakawa and Kanazawa the following weekend as my mother and a few other people would be joining me.

by zafera rate this post as useful

reply to this thread