Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tateyama kurobe alpine route 2017/3/3 01:46
Hello everyone!
I am planning to do the alpine route on the 22nd of april from matsumoto (will take JR transport to the beginning of the route).
The website says its going to be very crowded and i should buy my tickets beforehand. (the option ticket for 9000Y one way)

But the problem is i cannot find any way to buy it online. It seems like I can only pay at a JR east counter in the airport or in nagano and that is a bit problematic.

Am i missing something? Is there a way to book online?
If not - is it really this crowded in the begninning of the season?
Thanks in advance
ohad
by ohad nehushtan (guest)  

Re: tateyama kurobe alpine route 2017/3/3 13:55

It seems like I can only pay at a JR east counter in the airport or in nagano and that is a bit problematic.

This ticket never sold out, you can just buy upon arrival at the Airport. Unsure why you are so worried.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tateyama kurobe alpine route 2017/3/3 16:01
Not worried just not sure we will have time to locate and buy the ticket at the airport as we have Avery tight schedule that day...
Having an option to buy online would have saved me the hassle and that is why I asked.
So - is the answer that you cannot book online?
by Ohad (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tateyama kurobe alpine route 2017/3/3 23:58
JR Tateyama for Alpine-Kurobe Option Ticket - http://jrtateyama.com/e/ Click 'Where to purchase' tab

If you really are worried about mistimed travel, forego the pass and buy individual tickets thru Alpen Route official website http://www.alpen-route.com/en/.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: tateyama kurobe alpine route 2017/3/4 01:52
Thanks!
I'll try that...
by Ohad (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread