Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurobe Alpine trail 2017/3/6 21:57
I am planning to do the Kurobe Alpine trail on Day 1 or 2 of the opening i.e either 15th or 16th April 2017. Being a weekend I am assuming it shall be crowded. My specific questions:
1. Is it better to stay the night at Tateyama and commence early to beat the crowds or do it on the reverse- stay the night at Omachi and leave early. I need to reach Kanazawa for the night whichever route I take.Is a 08:00am start good enough?
2. I know it shall be cold but will there also be a chance of rain at that time?
3. With a snow wall walk which I am told takes about 45-60mins and a lunch/snack break somewhere enroute what should be the time taken for the entire journey including waiting time.
4. Are there any portion with a large number of stairs to climb? If so, how many?and where?
5. When shall the online bookings open up? Does one have to exchange the online booking for a paper ticket at the starting point.
6. Is the Toyama - Tateyama portion covered by the ticket? Can one book that too online to avoid the que
7. Finally, the website states the full route opening on 15th April. What are the chances of a delay in the opening due to weather related reasons?

regards
by Ravi S  

Re: Kurobe Alpine trail 2017/3/7 13:16

1. Is it better to stay the night at Tateyama and commence early to beat the crowds or do it on the reverse- stay the night at Omachi and leave early. I need to reach Kanazawa for the night whichever route I take.Is a 08:00am start good enough?

If you are to overnight at Kanazawa, you best option would be to depart from Omachi.
If you are to beat the crowds, start as early as possible, possibly before 07:00.

by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Alpine trail 2017/3/9 02:31
Take a look at this post for some detailed timetables and schedules.
http://jrvacation.com/tateyama-kurobe-alpine-route/

It is definitely better to start the journey as early as you can, especially if you intend to visit the kurobe dam too.
Prepare for lots of waiting and queueing and factor enough time for it.

There will be some steps needed in the cable trams (refer to the pics in the post)
by R (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread