Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much time Shirikawa-Go and Gokayama? 2017/3/7 08:24
Hello
I will be traveling from Kanazawa to Takayama. Want to stop at Shirikawa-Go. Can I visit also Gokayama in the same day? or is it too much...I see a 1 hour bus trip between locations? Is that right?
Also: should I buy a Kanazawa-Takayama ticket and get off in Shirikawa-Go or should I buy 2 tickets as I stop in Shirikawa-Go for a couple of hours?
Thank you.
by Sonia (guest)  

Re: How much time Shirikawa-Go and Gokayama? 2017/3/7 11:04
I haven't been to Shirakawago, but I have read a lot that 1 hours is enough.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: How much time Shirikawa-Go and Gokayama? 2017/3/7 16:57
Why do you want to go to both Shirakawa-Go and Gokayama. If it is to see gassho houses you can do that in Takayama (Hida Mura). If you want to go to a World Heritage Site (because it has a label) then one location would be enough.

My last visit (Shirakawago) I thought the place was pretty because of the snow, but I wouldn't do two locations of the same thing.

(you might like to check if there is a suitable discount ticket for travelling around - I've seen some but haven't checked all of them)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How much time Shirikawa-Go and Gokayama? 2017/3/7 20:28
Here's a relevant website for your reference as below:
http://www.hokutetsu.co.jp/en/en_highway-takayama
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread