Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/21 13:59
This has been bothering me for the last couple of days but I'm worried I may be arrested for trespassing on illegal property. Last weekend, I was out with friends and we decided to go clubbing but there were no coin lockers available at that time. My friends said he knew of a place to store our belongings. Myfriend and I followed him without thinking. We ended up entering an office building a block away from the club. He took us to the 5th floor and said we could store our belongs there. Upon entering the building I asked if he knew the owner and he said " no but my friends do." Knowing better, I told him that I would pass and just carry my stuff with me. After leaving the building asap. I noticed that the building was equipped with surveillance cameras. Since then I have been paranoid and haven't slept in days. I have never committed a crime not plan to do so.

My question is

What should I do about this whole fiasco ? Also, do you think the police will follow and leads or watch the video?

I'm worried that the police will track me down and arrest me for trespassing on private property and I won't be able to argue my case because of video evidence.

Thanks for your advice
by Arnold (guest)  

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/21 17:48
Did you do something besides just entering the building/room? Like break in, vandalize, steal, etc. If not, then you got nothing to worry about.
by Saburo T. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/21 17:58
Don't do anything, move on with your life. Worry is like interest paid in advance on a debt that never comes due.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/21 20:13
Actually, I didn't do anything besides enter the building and run off. I guess I do worry too much.

Thanks for your support
by Arnold (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/21 22:18
Well, if the building burns down or something expensive goes missing they may start going through the footage and be like, "Who the heck are these guys?!" But otherwise I think you're probably in the clear.
by Harimogura rate this post as useful

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/22 17:40
If you weren't chased off by a security guard I doubt anyone was watching the camera "live", and if nothing else happened in the building that night - something stolen or broken etc - then there's no reason anyone would watch the recording. So even if you did commit a crime (I don't know Japanese trespass law, but in a lot of places you've done nothing wrong unless you smashed a window or something to get inside) I doubt anyone even knows you were there!
by Tim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/23 07:06
Thanks for a the answers. I believe I may be overthinking this whole ordeal. Even if I broke the law entering a building I highly doubt the police will waste their man power to look for me.

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/23 14:32
Oh it wouldn't be a waste, Koban don't usually have much to do outside of giving directions.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Worried I may have trespassed 2017/3/23 16:42
Psyguy,

Yea, you are right. They are usually just placed there to give directions. Like you had said before there is no point to worry about this accidental entry into an office building. I didn't take anything nor vandalize the property. If I get questioned about it I will just be truthful but the odds of being reprimanded is almost zero.

reply to this thread