Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo - Kyoto - Osaka - Hiroshima Itinerary 2017/3/27 00:58
Hi - I would like to plan an itinerary for Tokyo - Kyoto - Osaka- Hiroshima and then back to Tokyo.
I arrive 4 Oct in Narita (flying in from Europe) and want to meet friends in Kyoto on Oct 5, spend 4-5 days in Kyoto, then 2 days in Osaka. Then spend 2 or 3 days in Hiroshima before going back to Tokyo and fly back to Europe on Oct 15.
Based on this itinerary- is it worth it to get the 14 day JR pass? Also - can I squeeze in one more destination like Nara?

Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you!!
by caroline (guest)  

Re: Tokyo - Kyoto - Osaka - Hiroshima Itinerary 2017/3/27 17:11
That's close to a wash. If that's all you do, it probably isn't worth it, but throw in a few day trips and it might be. That's assuming all travel by rail (shinkansen) though - if you fly back to Tokyo from Hiroshima, that will be both cheaper and faster, so that's something to consider.

Nara is an easy day trip from either Kyoto or Osaka (a bit closer from Osaka.) I highly recommend shaving a day off Kyoto and devoting it to Nara.

By the way, your itinerary leaves almost no time in Tokyo - why not just fly in/out of Osaka directly?
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kyoto - Osaka - Hiroshima Itinerary 2017/3/27 21:55
I would advise it, the convenience of the pass adds value as the economics of tickets or pass are about the same.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread