Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Memorizing phrases or words 2017/3/29 02:04
Hey guys!
The big obstacle I'm facing in learning Japanese is vocabulary. Because my vocabulary is so bad I'm not able to continue learning more grammar points because of that.
I read somewhere in the internet (I don't remember where exactly) that learning phrases and sentences and knowing every single word in them is more effective than learning word by word yourself and then creating sentences. Is it really a good idea or not(
I'm struggling with my lack of vocabulary in Japanese therefore can you advice me on some good ideas(!
Thank you so much!
by Chokohime  

Re: Memorizing phrases or words 2017/3/29 10:22
IMO, learning phrases is a more effective way of learning any language (Japanese especially).
Simply putting vocabularies together in a grammatically correct way does not always make a good sentence.
Two words may have similar meanings, but they are not always exchangeable - it's situation dependent.
So, if you learn the whole phrase, then you know that is the accepted practice.

But, eventually, you do need to supplement your phrases with more vocabularies.

by Y. Koyake (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Memorizing phrases or words 2017/3/29 12:51
Thank you so much
by Chokohime rate this post as useful

reply to this thread