Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shimanami Cycling During Golden Week 2017/3/29 22:55
I am planning to cycle during Golden Week specifically May 1 -May 2 bc this is the only time I can. Is it advised I try to reserve a regular bike? I'll be starting at Imabari. Any advice or tips for cycling would be much appreciated! I am cycling novice. Thank you in advance!
by smileforme  

Re: Shimanami Cycling During Golden Week 2017/3/30 13:19
you should be ok for bikes. many to rent. to ensure u get one, you could probably hire it the day before and keep it in your hotel for the night. they are relatively cheap and i guess for peace of mind, it might be worth while to do this.

depending on how long you have to ride i.e 1 day, 1/2 day or 2 days etc, would affect advice given. if you want a leisurely ride, you could consider getting a dendou jitensha (electric assisted bicycle). it will help with the hills that present just before the bridges. however, you have to return them that day to the place where you hired from. Normal bikes; they allow you to hire for multiple days AND if you get tired at any point, you can drop the bikes off at a designated point and catch a bus or ferry back.

It's a great ride! enjoy :D
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread