community-forum community-penpal community-userReports destinations-admission destinations-beenThere-outline destinations-beenThere-solid destinations-city_outline destinations-city_solid destinations-closedDays destinations-date destinations-getThere destinations-hotels destinations-hoursFees destinations-itineraries-3 destinations-links destinations-nearbySpots destinations-pin-simple-outline destinations-pin-simple destinations-sortBy-dots destinations-thumbsUp destinations-tours destinations-town destinations-wishlist-heart-outline destinations-wishlist-heart-solid interests-agriculture interests-amusementParks interests-beaches interests-castles interests-city_solid interests-contemporaryArt interests-events interests-festivals interests-flowers interests-foodDrink interests-gardens interests-hiking interests-historicSites interests-industry interests-koyo-single interests-koyo interests-mangaAnime interests-museums interests-nature interests-onsen interests-parks interests-pottery interests-sakura-single interests-sakura interests-scenicRides interests-shopping interests-shrines interests-skiing interests-snow interests-sumo interests-temples interests-traditionalArts interests-traditionalTheater interests-viewpoints interests-volcanoes interests-wildlife interests-winterIlluminations news-section planning-section planning-tickets-2 planning-transportation-access planning-transportation-bicycle planning-transportation-boat-2 planning-transportation-boat planning-transportation-bus planning-transportation-car planning-transportation-plane planning-transportation-shinkansen planning-transportation-tickets planning-transportation-train planning-transportation-walk shapes-chevron-down shapes-circle shapes-star social-fb social-gplus social-instagram social-twitter ui-alert-construction ui-alert-warning ui-calendar ui-date ui-globe ui-lightbulb ui-no_entry ui-ok ui-pencil ui-reverse ui-search ui-time ui-x user-avatar

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Eating raw food, sashimi 2017/4/21 14:04
Why people in Japan eat raw food, sashimi and say , ah its soo yummy. Sometime I eat
sashimi with my family and friends but as being polite I smile and say , oh yes its yummy but inside myself I thought what is yummy about in this raw food?
by Art and Art  

Re: Eating raw food, sashimi 2017/4/21 15:58
If you don't like it, don't eat it! People have different preferences...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Eating raw food, sashimi 2017/4/21 21:37
Not all Japanese like raw seafood, and they openly say so.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Eating raw food, sashimi 2017/4/22 05:36
...and they might like some and not others. Personally I love white fish sashimi but loathe prawn or squid sashimi and find it very unpleasant in taste and texture.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating raw food, sashimi 2017/4/22 05:37
But any raw fish is not Sashimi, the quality of the fish must be good and you have to cut it the correct way. I always wonder at the fact that in Germany random asians sells Sushi, it horrible and has nothing to do with real Sushi/ Sashimi but all the customers like it.

Sushi ans Sashimi is awesome, it the epitome of awesomeness. It is absolute perfection.

by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating raw food, sashimi 2017/4/23 11:48
My mom (japanese) doesn't like sashimi. She doesn't like fish/seafood in general. She grew up in the mountains eating mostly vegetables, chickens, and porks. I like sashimi but not everything. It is ok not to like sashimi. Enjoy the foods you like and stay healthy. :) :)
by はるか haruka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating raw food, sashimi 2017/4/23 23:37
Ofc no one has to eat Sashimi, but for me it is like heaven. It incredible how you can get so much flavor with so little. Im just saying before you say you do not like it, you should at least once try really good professionally prepared Sashimi, i mean those sushi chefs have 7 years training for a reason.

by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread