Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen Nozomi Prices 2017/4/24 16:18
Hello!

I bought the JR Sanyo Sanin Pass a few days ago. I don't quite grasp the fees for using the Shinkansen Nozomi. So I will be heading to Fukuoka from Osaka using the Shinkansen Sakura train. If i understand this correctly, the JR pass covers the fee of the Shinkansen Sakura so there are no fees when boarding the train, right? But if I were to use the Shinkansen Nozomi, I would have to pay the Base Fare ticket AND the Ltd. Express ticket? Can someone please help clarify this as if I would have to pay both fees then I'm thinking I might as well fly back instead of using the train.

Thank you in advance!!
by Gie671  

Re: Shinkansen Nozomi Prices 2017/4/24 18:24
If you are talking about Sanyo Sanin Area Pass, then Nozomi is covered.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_sanyo_sanin.html

(You must have read the description for the "nationwide" Japan Rail Pass, if you thought Nozomi was excluded?)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Nozomi Prices 2017/4/24 19:48
AK is correct. When reserving tickets on the Nozomi with a Sanyo-San'In Area Pass, it's the same as if you had a regular JR Pass. You don't have to pay for anything extra. I just used that pass about a month ago. The restrictions of the JRP when it comes to Nozomi and Mizuho do not apply, but you cannot use it for the Shin-Osaka to Kyoto leg. Only from Shin-Osaka westward.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread