Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I want to study in a university in japan 2017/4/24 23:18
I am a 16 year old from singapore. living in japan has always been my lifelong dream, and my most recent trip to japan made me realise how much i treasure japan and how much i want to be a part of it. I have always wanted to work in the animation industry but i found out that the work conditions are pretty crappy in japan. Im considering SCAD hongkong's animation course but then again, i am also interested in tons of other stuff like architecture. Well, if i work hard enough i can go to NUS which is of higher rank than University of Tokyo, but i'm really tired of singapore. So , should i risk it and start learning japanese to qualify for jlpt n2 like crazy (btw, i have zero knowledge of japanese) or should i just abandon my dream of staying in japan?
The courses that i'm interested in are (in order of interest) : animation, architecture , fashion merchandising.
Thank you in advance.
by 24april2017 (guest)  

Re: I want to study in a university in japan 2017/4/25 11:55
Both animation and fashion are essentially things you would go to a senmongakkou (technical training school) for, rather than a university. Architecture is the only one you would go to university for, and unfortunately, it's only taught in Japanese.

It would be very difficult to achieve a level of Japanese required for this type of program in the next couple of years. You would be adding time and expense on to your study. Are you really sure the final goal is worth all that much work? Japan is set to constrict in terms of economy, so quite honestly, I would suggest that you get your degree in English, which will open many more doors to you in the future.

There are many great degrees taught in English in Japanese universities, in sciences, humanities, and engineering. But none in architecture.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread