Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Restrictions on photos at Sapporo Dome? 2017/6/19 18:28
Can anyone tell me if there are restrictions on personal photography at the Sapporo Dome during professional baseball games?

I will be attending a game there to watch the Nippon Ham Fighters in July. I plan to bring my camera with zoom lens, but want to be sure that will not be an issue. Here where I live in the USA, every sports event, from professional baseball down to local school teams now have policies restricting or completely banning photography (!). Fans entering major sports events are generally searched (in the name of fighting "terrorism"...sigh) and are turned away if they find something that's not permitted.

I have a nice (Japanese brand) camera and mid-sized zoom lens. I would love to take photos in the Sapporo dome during the game I will attend. Of course, I will be respectful of those around me and will not disturb others. But I would hate to be searched at the entry gate and told I can not take my camera in...it is expensive (and fragile) equipment, and I would need to return to my hotel if it's not allowed.

Should I be concerned about this, or is banning cameras and searching fans entering a sporting event just something that paranoid Americans do?
Thank you!
by lowflyer (guest)  

Re: Restrictions on photos at Sapporo Dome? 2017/6/19 19:53
I've taken my two DSLRs with zoom lenses to Mazda Zoom Zoom, Sapporo Dome, Meiji Jingu and Tokyo Dome for games and not one person has batted an eye at me. It's okay to take photos of the game, but please be polite and ask people if it's alright to take photos of people around you.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Restrictions on photos at Sapporo Dome? 2017/6/19 20:52
If photographs are forbidden, this is stated in the conditions to which you agree when buying your tickets.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Restrictions on photos at Sapporo Dome? 2017/6/20 01:38
Thank you!
by lowflyer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread