Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mangaka Fansign Event 2017/7/3 01:39
Hi,

Hope you can help me out and thanks in advance. :)

I wan to know how to know/and to be notified if there will be a fansign events of the mangaka's I really like (i.e Nekota Yonezou, Cj Michalski, Watanabe Asia, Harada, Junko, and many more tbh lol). I will be in Japan on July 10-20, 2017 and hope I can atleast attend a fansign event. Is there any event at that period?

Waiting for your reply! Thanks! :D
by Yuki Miya (guest)  

Re: Mangaka Fansign Event 2017/7/3 21:46
Do you mean Fansign or Fanzine??
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mangaka Fansign Event 2017/7/7 10:16
Hello,

What is a fanzine?

I want to attend a fansign events of the mangaka I like, getting their book and the mangaka will sign it.

Thank you.
by yuki_miya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mangaka Fansign Event 2017/7/7 17:52
It is impossible unless there is information on the official website of
manga title(publisher) and mangaka's twitter, FB or blog.

The first listed name "Nekota" is traveling in UK now, London where sister living based,
But the schedule for returning is not written, follow the twitter.
I have not looked up other mangaka's info, use Google.

The event is called "サイン会(sign-kai)" in Japanese. (kai means just "meeting" as event)
This is only the 15th (SAT)'s, but including other writter, illustrator, etc also covered nation wide.
https://goo.gl/1J91om
You already understood the "先生: sensei" meanings?
by Chris Yamada (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mangaka Fansign Event 2017/7/7 23:56
I did not know there are events where Artists sign. A fanzine (blend of fan and magazine or -zine) is a non-professional and non-official publication produced by enthusiastss of a particular cultural phenomenon (such as a literary or musical genre) for the pleasure of others who share their interest.

by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mangaka Fansign Event 2017/7/8 08:37
Unlike novelists who regularly hold such book signing events to promote their new books, afaik mangakas do not hold such events as often.

If any of the mangaka you like still participate in manga events such as Comiket then you could probably have them sign the books you bought (though not recommended if there`s a long line behind you)
by DQ28 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread