Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama timing 2017/7/4 09:46
We would like to explore the Arashiyama district with Tenryuji temple while incorporating the Hozugawa River Cruise and the Sagano Scenic Railway. I'm looking for some ideas about what we could do with our time in Arashiyama as well as where we could go afterwards for the evening, since I believe most of the temples close at 5pm (1700).

8:30-9:00 - Train over to Kameoka
10:00-12:00 - River cruise down to Arashiyama (site says approx. 120min)
12:00-15:30 - Lunch, Tenryuji, bamboo forest, explore (ideas?) then head over to Sagano Scenic Railway (Saga Torokko Station)
16:00-16:30 - Take the train to Kameoka Torokko station. Anything interesting to see near here?
After this, I'm not sure what to do. If there are interesting places to see or good places to eat in this area, I would be happy to spend some time here. Otherwise, we would probably take the JR from Umahori back to Kyoto proper. Any ideas for this area or for the evening after returning to Kyoto would be greatly appreciated!
by Eikreis  

Re: Arashiyama timing 2017/7/4 15:28
Timing all look fine. Doesn't seem to be rushing anywhere.

If you are still in Arashiyama when the sun it setting ie dawn or later. Visit the Kimono Forest at the Randen-Arashiyama streetcar station.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread