Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

questions about hokkaido tour 2017/8/19 17:28
Hello. I'm planning to visit Hokkaido in October, and have some questions in planning my trip.

From Asahikawa to Daisech(Daiseth?) national park, is there any other trasportation way except renting a car? I'd seen on the traveler's guide book that there's a bus to get national park, but it only works 3 times a day and doesn't go all around the Daisech except Asahidake rope way.
Is there any one or two day tour program about Daisech starting from Asahikawa or any other place (like Sapporo)
please tell me best way to travel this national park.

And is there anyone who heard about JR economy ticket?
I'd just heard only about JR hokkaido pass.
but on the JR hokkaido webside, I saw new information about this ticket, JR economy ticket.
please tell me more about JR hokkaido pass
within the website, I thought that if I buy round ticket, I could get the discount ticket from JR station.
is it right?
by Tourism999 (guest)  

Re: questions about hokkaido tour 2017/8/19 22:08
Hello, I'm a Japanese who has been living in Hokkadio for years and often travel around Hokkadio, so I can give you some advice.

First of all, we Japanese basically rent a car when we go sightseeing in Hokkaido because there is not good connection between each cities except for driving, but most of Hokkadio people use their own car to go somewhere, so road is quite developed and wide. This is why you better rent a car if it's possible. On the other hand, if you cannot rent a car(or if you don't have international licence), bus is the best choice to go Daishetsu national park. It's far from Asahikawa, so you shouldn' take a taxi and theire is no train.

Apart from Sapporo, I want to reccomend you to go to shiretoko National Park because you seem to be interested in National park. You can see a lot of salmons which is going up rivers during October and sometimes you can see a whale, a bear and the other rare wild animals. If you want to see whales or bears, you should take a cruising trip from Shiretoko.

I checked about JR economy ticket just now and your understanding seems to be fine.
You can just get discount.

In case that you have enough time to take a look the other area, you had better go to eastern part of Hokkadio which Shiretoko is part of. There is much beautiful nature and attractive places. Landscape is good, but seafood is the cherry on the top of the cake.

If you want to ask more about Japan, especially Hokkado, don't hesitate to ask me. I want to improve my English and have a conversation with foreigners .
by taka912 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread