Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I cannot understand my japanese boyfriend 2021/10/5 12:09
Long story... short:
It's been almost a year that I started dating this japanese man, for the record I found him on a platform for dating..
As soon as we started talking he asked me to go on a date with him, it lasted like a month until i said yes, and 3 dates after he asked me to be his girlfriend, after that he only took me to very pretty and luxurious places and restaurants in my city, bought me chocolates, gave me a very pricey bag, and basically treated me like a princess for the first months.. everything was good except for the lack of messaging but I kind of understand that cuz I have many korean and japanese friends who are just like that, they lack of time..
Anyways, the texts were often at the start but keep getting more and more distanced? it turned into a push and pull of me trying to start a conversation with him, I started to be the one asking him to meet.. but when I was starting to distance myself he was the one to approach me..
I was always thinking if his behaviour was just because of cultural differences, and if this or that was just a cultural shock.. so i just endured it
But it was until months ago that we stopped seeing each other, we just texted from time to time and even he told me I was a good match cuz I was intelligent, pretty and a hard worker; but after that the messages just kinda stopped for like a month.
And then I had to move to another city, I didn´t told him because we stopped dating and because I still go back to his city on weekends but after that month he sent a text again and I had to told him.. he told me 仕方がない (it cannot be helped) so I thought we broke up?
but then he started sending messages again, and I tried to ask him to talk face to face but he just couldn´t find time for me, which I told him, and even asked him if he still want me to date me, which he said he still wanted it. We had a date that weekend but he was distant, serious, kind of annoyed (I really wanted the date to end as quickly as possible and Thank God it did) he took me to my house.. and right after I entered my house he was calling me to go outside because he wanted to give me something (which was a coffee brew with Jimin of BTS, those are hard to find in my city btw) I didn´t understand that, for real.. kind of tsundere?
after that.. ghosting.. and then a sudden message asking for a place to go.. then radio silent again.. and days ago he sent a message asking if I was doing good in my new workplace, I answer him and well.. he hasn´t said anything more..
What should I do? What are we? I have thought of deleting the contact and even blocking him for my sanity sake.. but I don´t know..
Btw I´m a 27 recently graduated doctor and he is a 31 CEO.
I live in Mexico and speak 0 japanese, while he speaks spanish very well.
by milklover  

reply to this thread