Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanji for name 2023/4/14 02:00
Hi, I hope someone can help me, I'm trying to find the right Kanji for my name (Germán), but since is always taken as "a person born in Germany" I'm not having luck.
The "Ge" is not pronounced as "she" its like "He" (‚Φ)

Thanks in advance!
by Germán (guest)  

Re: Kanji for name 2023/4/14 09:30
So there is few option to go about with the kanji naming, up to your preference.

by the the pronunciation of your name, or the meaning of your name.

You are not Japanese or Chinese etc., so choose whatever you want and provide best explanation,
it is just for your own self satisfaction/fantasy.

have fun with below
https://yourkatakana.com/

Germán deirved from latin : germanus ?
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/germanus
1.of brothers or sisters
2.full, own
3.true, natural, authentic
4.(poetic) denoting intimate friendship

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji for name 2023/4/14 11:35
t–žor°δ݁H
by Mai Bumai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji for name 2023/4/14 19:58
Thanks for the replies.

"by the the pronunciation of your name, or the meaning of your name."

whats the most common way to go with this? lets say I move to Japan, how people will pronounce my name?

thanks!
by German (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji for name 2023/4/14 20:20
You can probably assume that many (not all) Japanese people who see your name written for the first time will assume that it is pronounced the same way German (nationality, language) is in English. In that case I'm afraid that they would very likely call you ƒWƒƒ[ƒ}ƒ“.

I looked up famous people with your name from Spanish speaking countries to check how their names are transcribed in Japanese and came across a few baseball players. What you probably want in terms of pronunciation is ƒwƒ‹ƒ}ƒ“.

Even if you moved to Japan, no Japanese person would expect you to have kanji in your name. Your name would be written ƒwƒ‹ƒ}ƒ“.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread