Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kotatsu 2023/11/13 00:55
Hi everyone!
I live in Italy and winter is approaching, so I wanted to buy myself a kotatsu as a Christmas present.
I saw that there are some for sale on Amazon but I don't know if the quality is good. Any feedback?
Also, do you know any Japanese company that sells them and exports them abroad?
Finally, any advice?
Thank you
by Tenebroleso  

Re: Kotatsu 2023/11/13 16:09
Big kotatsu Fan here :-)

When buying from Japan consider that electrical appliances from Japan wonft work in Europe due to the different voltage. Youfd need a voltage converter which is expensive, unsightly and heavy. So make sure that the kotatsu you buy is for European usage.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Kotatsu 2023/11/13 19:29
I agree with LikeBike about electric appliances.

And with that aside, in all the decades of using kotatsu in Japan, both in my own household and while visiting others, I've never felt any difference in quality. As long as there's something warm enclosed in a table, it works. In other words, you can even keep a yutanpo under an enclosed table and I'm sure it would still work as it would in your bed (and would save more energy).

I think there is more risk in buying bad-looking furniture. It's difficult to sense it on-line, especially because it's not going to be an all-natural wooden table.

Also, the trick to make a kotatsu more comfortable is to use the right covers. But depending on the cover, you'll end up with a lot of bulk laundry. Another downside of kotatsu is that once you get in, you never want to get out.

For those reasons, I've found that it's much better to place a small electric heater on the back of my chair and covering my knees with a blanket.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread