Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Documents for student visa COE? 2024/1/5 06:51
Hi everyone,

I applied in November to a language school in Tokyo and got accepted. Now I'm waiting for my COE for which I should get an answer in February.

The thing is when I go to their website, there's like a pile of documents to submit, but when I did the interview, the guy was like "you're from Europe, it's ok". So basically I just had to send my ID documents, cover letter, proof of income and high school degree. And also my Japanese learning history but I don't have 150 hours. The guy was like yeah don't worry it's fine. What surprises me the most is that I wasn't asked for some bank statement to prove how much savings I have, I said do I need to send it and they said no we don't send any banking document to the immigration. They only insisted on the cover letter as I'm more than 30 and said it was the most important part.

So my question is, is that normal ? I mean, is the school a bit light on screening or is this normal procedure ? Does it differ from one school to another ? My fear is that they didn't ask for enough documents, and that my COE gets rejected because of this. I'm a bit worried.

Thanks for your insights.
by Adol (guest)  

reply to this thread