Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

COE application 2024/1/23 08:45
I am in Japan now with an instructor visa. Last December, I applied COE for my husband as my dependent. However, I still didnt receive the COE until now. Then the company who hired me here will hire my husband too. He just got the offer last week. Will there be no problem if the company will also apply COE for him? I am really confused because I am afraid that there will be some issues with it. Need some help. Thank you.
by Sheena (guest)  

Re: COE application 2024/1/23 16:59
Husband Dependent COE in process and now your company want to hire him, and start another COE(work visa) for your Husband?

Cannot have 2 COE process at the same time. So you either

1. Cancel your husband Dependent COE and start a fresh COE(working visa) .

2. Wait until Dependent COE approved, enter Japan and the apply for change of status, from Dependent to Work status.
With dependent status, your husband can apply for permission to work part times(up to 28hours). https://www.tokyoimmigration.jp/?p=187
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE application 2024/1/24 08:08
Hello ~ Thank you so much for your response.

I think I will just wait for his COE. Dependent Visa is a better option compared to the working visa (instructor) from Philippines because we need to pay for the placement fee to the agency.

But if ever his Dependent COE got rejected, can the company apply his COE for instructor`s visa?
by Sheena (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE application 2024/1/24 09:01
But if ever his Dependent COE got rejected, can the company apply his COE for instructor`s visa?
I don't see any problem with that. However, there is a cooling time on how soon to re-apply COE, like around 6 months. But then again, maybe that is for same category COE re-application.
Company can try applying but up to Immigration whether to accept the application or not.

https://samurai-law.com/en/col02_04.html

Re: COE application 2024/1/24 10:14
Dependent Visa is a better option compared to the working visa (instructor) from Philippines because we need to pay for the placement fee to the agency.

what is this fee ?
you say he will be hired by the company. if so, the company need to take paperwork to provide immigration office. when they can't do it by themselves, they (not you) can hire a professional (the agency, you mentioned ?).
otherwise, what you say is that you get the fraud document (that he will be hired by the company) from the company and you hire a professional (agency) for paperwork. it sounds like illegal. also, your company is bad and of course, you are a bad person, too.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE application 2024/1/24 11:25
@Ken

Do you know how the process like for Filipino to go work overseas ? They have to go through a certain process, required by the Philippines government. And that process require you to pay some fees.

Also many countries such as vietnam, nepal etc. you cannot/hard to find work on yourself, and you need to pay 'fees' for help/assistance finding work in Japan.

You know those intership program run by Japanese government which is a 'scam' excuse for cheap labor.
Most of the time, those agency/company run together with its Japanese counterpart for 'profit'.

Re: COE application 2024/1/24 11:36

Re: COE application 2024/1/24 11:44
LOL! you clearly don`t understand how Philippines send people to work in Japan. We need to apply in an agency that is affiliated with the company. I got hired in the same company and I processed it through the agency. I got an instructor`s visa now.

Please do your research before judging someone.
by Sheena (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread