Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Coe delayed and alternate step 2024/2/16 02:24
Iam from India . My husband has got japan employment offer and he is working in Japan company with his COE valid for 5 years . Myself and kid wanted to go and stay with him , we had applied for COE by November 2023 and still we are waiting for the same via mail . In case if we didnft receive COE by march 2024 , can we apply for japan tourist visa short term 90 days and come to japan ? Meanwhile if we receive COE when we are in japan can we change to long term visa at japan itself at immigration department ?
by Priya123  

Re: Coe delayed and alternate step 2024/2/16 10:50
From my understanding, you can only use the COE from the country in which it's sent to. If you're in Japan on a tourist visa, you can't use that COE if you're already in the country. You need to go to the consolate in your country to turn that COE into the visa you need to be able to enter in Japan. It's up to you if you want to visit Japan on a tourist visa, but it won't do any good if you arrive and then get issued your COE. The COE is also only valid for 3 months, so I wouldn't chance it like that.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe delayed and alternate step 2024/2/16 17:17
If you have a COE application pending, you cannot apply for another one even if it's for a different type of visa. You will either need to wait for the current COE decision, or cancel this one and apply for a new one as a tourist. But if you cancel your current COE application, chances are high the next one will be rejected.
Unfortunately right now there's not much that you can do besides waiting.
by Brad (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe delayed and alternate step 2024/2/16 21:08
1. you can have a visiting visa at Japanese embassy in your country.
2. during your stay in a visiting status, when immigration issues your COEs for dependents, you can change your visiting status to an appropriate status (for your case, to dependent status) at immigration office in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe delayed and alternate step 2024/2/16 22:18
Thank you so so much . My kid has to join her school by April month as itfs transfer from India to japan we couldnft wait a longer days . Anyways we will be travelling by April so that 7 months would have passed after applying our COE . In between if Coe arrives it Would be good for us .
by Priya123 rate this post as useful

Re: Coe delayed and alternate step 2024/2/17 09:25
even if you enter Japan with a visiting visa, it is a temporary status. your child can't enter a public school in Japan. you and your child must have resident statuses at first.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe delayed and alternate step 2024/2/17 09:39
Is it means to my understanding that she cannot get enrolled in Japan public school only or how about other schools as we have cbse ( Indian board syllabus ) school near our home in japan .

Re: received COE 2024/2/27 14:34
Thanks all for your answers . I received my Coe after 6 months of long wait . 3 to 6 months is the minimum Coe wait time especially for dependant visa . This would be useful for others who wanted to apply . Thank you .

reply to this thread