Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

visa app if not a resident in home country? 2024/3/30 04:49
hi all, this is probably a pretty unique question so here is some context:

in august i went to japan for travel purposes and stayed until february this year, and returned to the uk where i was born and hold a british passport. i decided i wanted to try to stay and live in japan for longer and applied for a working holiday visa, but i was denied under the reasoning that i was not a uk resident because i was out of the country for more than three months.

i have now been offered a working visa sponsored by a language school in japan whom i disclosed my time in japan and time back in the uk to. so now i am preparing the documents for the coe and visa, but ifm worried about being rejected due to this same reason of gnot being a uk residenth even though i am a citizen c

so my question is if anyone knows if this will affect my application?

i was trying to read online about when you are considered a uk resident and i read one about living in the uk for 90 days consecutively (which i havenft right now, but will have by the time ifm expected to start work in japan), or living in the uk for 183 days or more within the tax year (which i have). so im super confused and stressed out.
by Katie (guest)  

Re: visa app if not a resident in home country? 2024/3/30 06:00
For a WHV there is a requirement that you must have lived in your home country for x time before you can apply. I guess it is to avoid to have people who do one WHV after another in different countries (not sure why Japan wants to avoid this).
For a normal working visa (and most/all? other visas) it is irrelevant where you lived so far.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread