Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Help with two different passes 2024/5/3 07:18
Hi! Ifm planning my trip to Japan and I have a question related with some of the days that Ifm spending in the country.
I donft know if I should by the Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass for the first five days that Ifm going to explain later or JR West All Area Pass for 7 days.
My planned route is this one:
Day 1: Kanazawa-Osaka (with the first pass I know that only half of this trip is covered and with the second one itfs completed covered)
Day 2: Osaka
Day 3: Osaka-Miyajima
Day 4: Miyajima -Himeji
Same day: Himeji-Nara
Day 5: Nara-Kyoto (I donft really understand if I can use any of the passes to do this trip)
Day 6 and 7: Kyoto
There are like 6000y difference between the first and second pass but I donft know if itfs worth it to have it just to go around Kyoto for the last two days or if itfs better just to buy the 5 days pass.

Thank you all!
by Emlars  

Re: Help with two different passes 2024/5/3 14:15
If Kanazawa to Osaka is more than 10,000 yen. Then the All area pass works.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with two different passes 2024/5/3 14:19
90k difference in pass cost. All = 26k, Hiroshima = 17k yen.

Kanazawa to Shin-Osaka is 88xx yen to 98xx yen depending on which option you take.

Seems it'll work for your itinerary. (just)

Re: Help with two different passes 2024/5/3 16:33
Thank you.
I am not sure wefre to look the different combination of trains, is there an app or a website where I can look?
I tried with the JapanTravel app but I donft really get it. When I choose to travel from Kanazawa to Osaka it says that from Kanazawa to Tsuruga itfs not covered with the JR all pass and in the pass map I can see it does. Can you help me with this??
by Emlars rate this post as useful

Re: Help with two different passes 2024/5/3 19:42
Google maps
JR West website
Jordan
Navitime

reply to this thread